Saturday 21 March 2009

Progress Report 8 - Film Trailer ツ - Jaleesa

(16/03/09 - 22/03/09)

I haven't been in school much this week as I was ill, but when I came in on Friday and saw what my group had done, I was really impressed. Last week, myself and Amal had gone to the hills in Northolt and taken some shots of the city, however we didn't really know where to place them and ended up not using them. However, when I came in on Friday, I had seen that the shots were used at the beginning of the trailer, which is somewhat similar to the opening of the trailer for "Captivity" which is a film that we were inspired by. I really liked what they had done with these shots and where they had placed them as I feel that it gives off a great effect for our narrative and puts our audience right into the feel of what the film is about. When watching the trailer, I even became a bit scared due to what I had seen at the end, as it really grasped the idea of a professional horror film trailer. After my input on Friday, we all realised that we had reached the 90 second mark which was what we originally planned to do and knew that we only had 30 more seconds of our trailer to cover.

Although we are gradually progressing in the editing stage of our trailer, we are still not finished and we also have to find another soundtrack due to our original one being the background sound for another film, so as a result of this we have decided to change it and find one more original which we would suit our trailer better.

What Went Well...

* We all contributed and had the chance to input our own ideas into the making of our trailer.

* We reached the 90 second mark and only have 30 more seconds to cover.

* We have sorted out the beginning and ending of our trailer.

Even Better If...

* We came as a group to create our production.

* We find a new soundtrack.

* We sort out what shots will be placed in the middle of our trailer.

Next Best Steps...

* We film our last shot.

* We come to editing sessions more as a group, in order to make the final decisions in the making our trailer.

* We sort out where the titles and credits will be placed.

No comments: